Friday, August 9, 2013

PUBLIC STATEMENT by Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya, Young Mapuche Political Prisoner, from the Juvenile Prison in Chol Chol, Chile

August 7, 2013

I, Gabriel Valenzuela Montoya, Young Mapuche Political Prisoner, unjustly sequestered since 11 months in the Juvenile Prison in Chol Chol, denounce to the national and international public opinion and the various human rights organizations that:

That once again the Chilean state violates my rights, and today being August 7, they raided my cell violently, with insults and blows from Prison Guards, something that happened with the consent of the Sename, as it did not respect the agreements signed by the Director of the CIP-CRC and ratified by her last month, upon completion of the hunger strike I held for over 50 days. Neither were taken into consideration the provisions of ILO Convention 169 and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the same Convention on which they based themselves to not allow my transfer to the prison of Angol.

I demand justice. After almost a year of my imprisonment, I will not accept more violations or abuses by the State of Chile.

I make public my regret to the family of the Weichafe Rodrigo Melinao Likan, I send much strength to the Community Rayen Mapu, the lof Chekenko and to the Communities of Malleco. I think it's the Chilean state through its armed forces which is solely responsible for the death of our Weichafe.


Finally, I appeal to those who can attend, to accompany the family, his community, to follow his example of struggle and to demand justice against his murderers!  

Stop the militarization of Wallmapu!!!!  
Freedom for all Mapuche Political Prisoners!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment